Children and Pets
Many parents, having the house allowed, with the birth of a newborn, or even during pregnancy begin to think about the security of their cohabitation. Some even get rid of their once beloved cat or dog before the baby is born.
Undoubtedly, Pets allowed-Pets are beneficial to children, teach them kindness and responsibility. But, when it is expected the appearance of a newborn in the house, it is better to postpone the drive to the house the animal until the baby is older. But what if your beloved cat or dog live with you for a long time. What dangers may be holding a pet in the house. where a newborn lives.
Let’s start with the fact that a cat or a dog — this is your child, whom you have tamed (and you are responsible for those who tamed). The appearance of a newborn in the house can cause jealousy in your pet (we are not talking about the turtles, or fish). Jealousy can manifest itself in unexpected ways. For example, a cat that always regularly went to his tray, he suddenly begins to leave piles around the house. Either will be worn with the tramping through the apartment at a time when the child should go to bed. And even worse, if the cat will lunge at a small child. Therefore, to prevent this happening, your task is to show the animal that your child is your child.It can not hurt, scratch, bite, jump to him in bed, to lick his nipple.
In no case do not ignore the animal, and especially do not scold. Your pet will feel that your attitude towards him after the appearance of a new family member has changed for the worse, and will take revenge for you and your baby. Need animal show by your actions that you still love.
When the child grows up, starts to crawl, you should be closely monitored so that it did not cause aggression in your pet, pulling it’s tail or with its arms swinging beside him. If two of them cannot find a common language, it is better to stop the communication until then when the kid you can explain that the animal is not torture. After all, a child under one year is still too young to understand it.
In addition, cohabitation of animal and infants, you will need to consider some points.
1. The animal must be vaccinated in a veterinary clinic even before the birth of the child (preferably before pregnancy).
2. You have to clean the house more thoroughly;
3. Household pet must be located as far away from the crib;
4. In infants there is one “bad habit” to pop into your mouth all that comes his way, so thoroughly wikisite apartment from wool. Wool is a source of allergies, it could become infested with mites microscopically. And then, the kid can choke on it.
5. Avoid child’s contact with the feces of the animal. Access to the cat toilet for infants must be closed. And they immediately clean up after your pet, once it has done its job.
6. Wash the child’s hands immediately after contact with the animal. Make sure that the baby did not kiss pet to avoid troubles with worms.
7. Be ready at any moment to part with a pet, if the child have Allergy. Arrange in advance with someone who will take on your pet.