Top 5 most dangerous Pets
American scientists have made a rating of out of 10 the most dangerous animals from the point of view of transmission of infections.
1. Birds. Transmit a large variety of diseases. Among them are avian influenza and psittacosis – an acute infectious human disease that occurs when the infection from parrots. Every year in USA is recorded up to 100 cases. The psittacosis W zabolevayut people are usually constantly in contact with birds. Infection occurs by droplet infection – inhalation of dust particles of the feces of the birds during harvesting of cells. The disease occurs usually in 5-10 days after the infected bird.
2. Mice and rats. Historians believe these rodents culprits of the Black death – plague that leveled half of Europe during the middle Ages. Carry other harmful microorganisms.
3. Reptiles. Very dangerous because they often carry Salmonella directly on your skin. Before them especially vulnerable children.
4. Dogs. Man’s best friend can turn into the worst enemy due to the large number of diseases which it is capable of transmitting. Is and rabies, and parasites, and Salmonella, and infectious disease caused by the bacteria Campylobacter, and even spotted Rocky mountain fever is a potentially fatal disease.
Many dogs and cats are infected with worms, and puppies and kittens can be infected in utero. Therefore, juveniles under the age of 1 month is required to degelmintization, and after 2 weeks I repeat this procedure again. Signs of infection is periodic hiccups, cough, emaciation, loss of lustre of the coat. Worms are not always found in the feces. Intensive infection of intestinal worms can lead to death of the animal. Regular 3-4 meals a day deworming the year should be the rule of keeping all Pets.
5. Cat. Another indispensable pet. From 50% to 90% of cat bites become infected, because cat’s mouths are pretty dirty. Cause fever, fever, in rare cases, bone infections and encephalitis, rabies, tularemia, toxoplasmosis. Transmit parasites. Microspores or ringworm is one of the most frequent skin diseases of animals. It infected animals of all ages, but particularly sensitive youngsters from the first days of life. The disease is recorded at any time of the year. The source of the pathogen are sick animals.
If you picked a dog or cat on the street, or got a new pet, be sure to show it to the vet for a checkup. He examines the animal for the presence of disease, will make the necessary vaccinations. Only then can you introduce a new pet to the household.